Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Recycling fun

There is such a drive worldwide to get people thinking RECYCLE! I prefer to call it REPURPOSING. That's exactly what it is......using throw-away things for something other than what they were made for. I find it such a challenge and it is such fun.  Yesterday in one of the magazines I opened there was an insert advertisment for CONSOL GLASS. The beautiful shades of thexblue glass instantly caught my eye, as did the layout and design of the page. I knew that I wanted to make a card using all the elements on the page and this is the result. The blues seemed to say 'rest' and 'relaxation' so I added the appropriate wording. Inside the card I stamped the word 'RELAX'.
The only elements not from the advertisment were the cardstock base, the buttons and the stamped sentiments.
See what you can do from throwaways?



No comments:

Post a Comment